This element of the Main Street Approach™ concentrates on strengthening and growing the district’s economic base by developing effective strategies for business retention and recruitment. The Economic Restructuring Committee has the job of identifying new market opportunities for the traditional commercial district, finding new uses for historic commercial buildings and stimulating investment in property. To succeed, this committee must develop a thorough understanding of the community’s economic condition and opportunities for incremental market growth. Specifically:
- Strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new ones;
- Finding new economic uses for traditional Main Street buildings;
- Developing financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitations and business development;
- Monitoring the economic performance of the district.
Economic Restructuring Plan
- Business Recruitment Packet
Chairperson: Beth Winn, Blackstone Emporium